Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today
Better Practical applications and self-involving structure of education.
ICSE emphasizes on holistic education pattern, insisting on a child’s overall growth. Hence, it has a more balanced syllabus compared to other boards. Vast and comprehensive in nature, the syllabus is structured and aimed to give due importance to practical knowledge and analytical skills in students. Apart from having the flexibility of selecting subjects of their choice, students get to study them in detail with hands-on experience to various scientific apparatus & by exposure to wide array of books in the library which forms an integral part of the ICSE. Perhaps the biggest advantage enjoyed by the students of ICSE board is the competitive edge that they develop in English. Recognized by many foreign education systems, ICSE is also best suited for parents who might have to relocate to different countries.
In addition to this, students who have passed the ICSE and ISC examinations generally stand a greater chance of going abroad. This is further helped by the fact that the board prefers English, which has greater global acceptance, as its medium.
The most significant part of CISCE is the Curriculum - AIMS of the CISCE Curriculum:
Children will be enabled to:
• Become successful learners who enjoy learning;
• Successfully apply core concepts learned from various subjects;
• Understand texts of different subjects so as to communicate knowledge and ideas in ways specific to the subject;
• Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts;
• Use technology to access and provide information and to communicate with others;
• Understand cross-curricular linkages- connect learning across subject areas;
• Become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
• Become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society;
• Understand and apply knowledge to real-life experiences;
• Develop a sense of responsibility towards others;
• Function successfully in the local and world community;
• Respect diversity (in terms of religion, gender, regions, etc. And differences of opinions and beliefs).
• Exhibit sensitivity towards environmental issues;
• Learn to manage and utilize resources judiciously.
Salient features of the Curriculum
• Theme-based: - Focus would not be on coverage of content but on providing opportunities for holistic development.
• Child-centered:- The learning process would be from simple to complex, concrete to abstract, informal to formal in a logical and phased manner.
• Use of a wide range of learning experiences:- Create situations for children to act as critical observers who participate actively in the learning process.
© 2017. All rights reserved
Developed & Design By Fortune Services